St. Louis Genealogical Society, German Special interest Group (G-SIG)
St. Louis Genealogical Society is the largest local genealogy society in the United States. We have about 2,000 members from all fifty states and several foreign countries. We have completed several large projects making millions of naturalization, cemetery, and marriage records available to researchers and are currently collecting records from St. Louis area congregations.
Promote family history research by providing educational and research opportunities, offering community services, and collecting, preserving and publishing genealogical and historical records.
- Website: www.stlgs.org
- Facebook & Twitter: Search for "St. Louis Genealogical Society"
- Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140, St. Louis, Missouri 63143
- Phone Number: 314-647-8547
- Fax Number: 314-647-8548
- Auf Deutsche or English Contacts? English
- Individual $40/year, all benefits of membership
- Family $45/year, all benefits of individual for two people in the same household
- Friend $100/year, all benefits of individual plus StLGS pin
- Patron $175/year, all benefits of individual plus StLGS pin and one-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist
- Life $600, all benefits of individual plus StLGS life member pin and two-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist
- Newsletter and Quarterly Journal (all issues of the StLGS Quarterly are also available online for members.)
- Free classes
- Members-only section on website with unique databases including images and indexes to millions of St. Louisans
- “Ask Louie” research question and answer service
- Discounts on society-sponsored events and publications
- Access to biographies and photos of deceased St. Louisans
- 10 Monthly meetings, except December and April.
- Bi-annual all-day Speaker Series with national speakers giving four lectures.
- Annual all-day conference in April with several tracks of speakers.
- Annual Salt Lake City trip to the Family History Library
- Special Interest Groups, presently German and Irish, but others have existed in the past
- One-week Research Institute periodically during the summer focusing on a different topic each time
Research (or Focus) Areas:
- Worldwide genealogical research
- The German Special Interest Group focuses on historical German-speaking areas
- "Ask Louie" for the Ask Louie” research question and answer service for members.
- Lookup Service (members $8/request, non-members $13/request)
Library (or other resources):
- The StLGS office has a research room with a small library concentrating on the St. Louis area.
- The StLGS library collection is housed at St. Louis County Library.
StLGS maintains an online store and a sales area in our office. The society publishes pamphlets written by members and society-produced CDs. We also sell books written by others and books of local interest on consignment. Members receive discounts on most publications.