Pommerscher Verein Freistadt
Type: Non-profit, Cultural and Genealogical Society
To preserve Pomeranian heritage through the study of its history, genealogy, culture and language
- Individual $15.00/year
- Family $20.00/year
- Non-voting Associate or Organization $12.00/year
- Access to a surname pedigree database with over 168,000 names submitted.
- An online store which offers discounts to members.
- A surname research area for submitting Pomeranian ancestors.
- A quarterly newsletter, Rundschreiben, which can be received via e-mail or U.S. mail. The Rundschreiben includes meeting information, event updates, genealogical information, maps, and much more.
- Notifications of monthly speakers and special programs.
- A chance to be a part of a group which shares an interest in Pomeranian history, culture, and genealogy.
- Pommerntag, a large ethnic festival, held the last Sunday in June.
- Erntedankfest, a harvest festival held in October, and Weihnachtsfest, a Christmas celebration, both in the Pomeranian tradition.
- Monthly meetings with a variety of presentations related to the group's mission.
Research (or Focus) Areas: Pommern
Research Services: This society does not do research at this time.
Our library is located in a former schoolhouse at 12351 N Granville Road 111 W, Mequon, WI that now serves as the Lindenwood Community Center. The large, unique collection of books and reference materials focuses mainly on Pomerania, with some things that touch on other nearby provinces (Brandenburg, Posen, East and West Prussia). More library information
We offer books, clothing, maps, memorabilia and music CDs related to Pomeranian history and culture. Online Store